Secretly - but not scary, the bats. In former times people got scared because of bats, but today the bats get more and more friends among us people. The bat conservation team of Friends of the Earth Germany BUND Hannover Region is a strong lobby for these strictly protected animals, the only flying mammals on earth!
- We explore the habitats of the bats in the Region of Hannover
- We stand up for the preservation and protection of the highly endangered bat stocks and their habitats
- We guide people on bat excursions through the Eilenriede forest
- We care for injured bats in our bat station until they can be released back to the wild. We help injured bats in need. The aid must be done quickly and professionally in order to offer the severely injured animals medical care. Most animals have to be medically treated. They often have broken bones or skin cracks, splinters in the body or agglutination. If necessary, our volunteer vet even has to operate the bats. Until full recovery and releasing back to the wild, the animals are fed, get vitamins, special diets, and medicine. They will be trained in large aviaries, so that they are fit again for a life in freedom. Until the animals can be released back to the wild, we take tirelessly and lovingly care for the little patients.
- We provide information about bats and their protection